Hubpages Review (Bristolboy) – InfoBarrel

The hubs have special capsules which allow you to add amazon or ebay products related to the article you are writing.

Conclusion

It is a good place to hang out if you are looking to make some extra money with a revenue sharing site. Besides a large number of Americans there are also many Kiwis and Aussies on the site, not to mention a sizable population from Asia. There are a few people who claim to make a decent living online by merely writing for hubpages, although that has not been my personal experience. Both affiliate programs have to be applied for. These are displayed in special capsules. There is always some one active on the forum be it night or day where you are. The membership of the site is attained by merely registering with them just like you would for an email id with yahoo or google. There is also the possibility of sending messages directly to the email ids of other hubbers. Now you can decide on the content of the hub. In general the community is quite supportive, apart from a few zealous religious nuts.

The Revenue Generation Options

The Community

is a membership website which generates content on a variety of topics. They are called hubbers. This will take you to a form which asks you the title of the hub, the category that you would like to place it in, the tags that you would like to give it,etc. It may be that having two income streams is better than one, but on the whole I have found that its best not to hope to make a living online from revenue sharing sites. However these are not seen by those who are signed in to hubpages, but only by those who are visiting the site. Which are similar to the ones on Info Barrel, such as writing original work, not bringing in adult material, or anything related to porn or gambling.

Since I have joined Info Barrel I have seen much better returns on Adsense as well. When you are finished you hit the publish button and the hub is live.

There is a forum which is quite active. The first is Google Adsense. This is used on your profile 60% of the time and hubpages uses their own the remaining 40% of the time. This is by using the Amazon Affiliate Program and Ebay Partner Program. Now you can write articles or reviews on any topic you wish, as long as you stick with their basic terms and conditions. I have had little success with Adsense and none what so ever with Kontera. To check if Kontera ads are showing on your hubs, you will need to log out of your hubpages account.

The hubpages site offers you revenue sharing options with a number of affiliates. They are good for some petty cash on the side, but don’t quit your day job!

Similarly you need to get an id with Kontera which shows intext ads on your hubs.

Besides contextual ads being shown on the hubs you can actually sell products from the hubs. Check how to get your Google Adsense Publisher id here.

What is Hub Pages?

www.hubpages.com

How it works. You can also subscribe to individual writers on the site. I do not have an eBay id but have not made a single sale from the one I have at Amazon either.

Once you have registered with hubpages you can click on the my account button and you will see a number of options. To begin writing an article you click on start a new hub. You need to register your website and get a publishing id with Adsense. If you wish to add an element to the hub you click on the capsule and then you can edit it and customize it. You can add text, pictures, polls, links and tables to the hub

Leave a Reply